Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween weekend 2010

Our Halloween weekend was fabulous!  For the girls it started Thursday night as we prepared for school parties.  I had to make 2 dozen cookies for Kaylee's class and 2 dozen pigs in a blanket for Kara Brooke's preschool.  Not to mention the pasta salad I had to carry to work for my boss' birthday lunch.  Also I had to make 12 treat bags for Kara Brooke to give out.  Needless to say it was a busy evening.

Here are the bags I fixed for KB's group, I have been fixing these little pumpkin bags for a long time now and they are always so cute!


Friday, Kris was out of town until real late that evening so the girls and I had dinner with my parents at El Mexico and then we just hung out at home going through all of the candy and treats they got at their parties!
Saturday morning I had to work, as soon as I got off we {Nana included} loaded up and headed to downtown Franklin to the pumpkin festival.  It was so packed we couldn't even find a place to park that we would not have to walk a mile just to get there.  So we all decided to head down to Cool Springs instead.  They had all kinds of stuff going on at the mall and the girls really enjoyed themselves.  They were having a mall wide trick or treating and we saw some of the cutest costumes ever!

The girls got in the photo booth and had a big time!!  ha!


Then they got on the carousal, first KB just wanted to sit on the bench then she decided during the ride she wanted on a horse.  She really has the best big sister a girl could want!!





At one of the candy stores they were handing out black and orange carmel corn to all of the kiddos so as we were headed back to Murfreesboro, Kara Brooke decided to try some of it.  She didn't like the taste but loved how she could rub it on like "whipestick"!



We finished the evening up in the 'Boro at Steak n Shake for dinner and then a "just to look and pick out some stuff" trip to Toys R Us.  And by the way I LOVE the new Toys R Us!!!

Sunday we just hung out at the house until time to go trick or treating!  We only hit up the three grandparents houses and then headed to BawBaw & Sam Sam's for dinner and go around their neighborhood with our besties the Pinkston's!!

Meet our Vampire...Kaylee!  This was the first year we have ever let her be something like this but with all of the Vampire Diaries, Twilight and etc. this is what she choose and we obliged.  I thought she looked so grown up.  But a beautiful vampire, never the less!!


And then we had Minnie Mouse aka KB!  Isn't she just the cutest little thing?!?  And what about that big smile?? If you don't know the story about KB and pictures....normally she WILL NOT smile for the camera, she will look at it but WILL not smile!!!  So I was VERY excited when I got this one.  I mean I may or may not have had to bribe her with no candy or not going trick or treating... but I got a beautiful picture!





Not real sure what the vampriess is doing here but ooookkk.....


Check out Minnie Mouse's tail.  As Ethan said, "Awww that's so cute....it looks like it is really supposed to be there!"  Best compliment of the night Ethan....that is SOOOO the look we was going for!!!  ha!!









The Adams' family!!


Hope you guys had an awesome weekend too!  I'm so thankful for time spent with family and friends...thats what I love about the weekends!!!
Next weekend we are having family pictures made, hope it is not too cold!





1 comment:

Joy said...

sometime you all need to dress like the Adams family for Halloween! haha... They looked great! How did KB do as a kitty for her school party?