Thursday, August 9, 2007

And the kindergarten teacher is.....

MRS. BEAN......

We went to open house tonight and man I wanted to cry. I just can not believe it is already time for her to start school! But the big smile on Kaylee's face and then when she said, "Momma is this really MY desk at big school?", I couldn't help but smile back and reasure myself that she is more than ready for school. She recieved her agenda tonight and she thinks that is the coolest thing ever, and oh yeah....kindergartners now get to check out libary books and "bring them home for a whole week!" Now that is exciting, I don't remember getting to check out libary books until like the 4th or 5th grade, times have really changed! Mrs. Bean told us that they would start learning to read around November....WOW!!!!! Can you imagine Kaylee reading, I guess we better stop spelling things that we don't want her to hear now, couple of more months and she will be telling us what we are spelling. So, Monday is the big day, check back to see how it went. Please keep me in your prayers, Lord knows I will need it I will probably cry all day long!! Please leave me some comments as to how you handled your childs first day of school, I would love to hear your stories.

No comments: