Saturday, December 5, 2009

Please pray....

UPDATE: Wendy has set up a website journal to document Brent's condition, please feel free to go there and leave her and Brent a message.  The site is:  www.caringbridge.org/visit/brentwilliams 
Please continue to flood God with prayers!



UPDATE: No surgery today, they are continuing to monitor the swelling in the brain.  Please pray....

Dear friends,
I come to you tonight and ask that you please pray for my friend Brent Williams.  You may remember this picture in a prior post of him and my dear friend Wendy a couple of weeks ago.

Brent and his sweet daughter Cameron were involved in a head on collision this morning, unfortunately the driver of the other car did not make it, please pray for her family as well.  Brent was life flighted to Vanderbilt and is in the trauma unit.  He is basically crushed from waist down and has developed a small bleed on the brain this afternoon.  Our prayer tonight is that the bleed will stop and heal on it's own so that the Dr.'s can start the six hour surgery tomorrow on his legs.  Also please pray for Cameron as well as she witnessed the whole thing and is in the Vandy Children's ER being observed.  For some reason when she sits up she throws up, her CT scans have come back good but the Dr.'s are thinking from the shock and seeing her Daddy in such a state and being in the truck alone trying to get help will forever be in her mind.  I can't even imagine...poor child.
This morning Amy O. and I drove down to be with Wendy and the family, I have never seen such a turn out of friends and family there to support such wonderful people.  The power of prayer is amazing and I truly believe that is what saved our friend this morning...Thank you God!
At this point we really do not know what is next.  The Dr.'s told Wendy that he would walk again but it would be months with lots of painful rehab.  I know Wendy will not leave his side and she will be with him through the long road ahead, please pray for her strength.

Thank you so much for your prayers...I know they are being heard and felt.....

2 comments:

Allison said...

Matt and I were in shock yesterday when we heard and we will definately be praying. We are planning to go up there sometime in the following week.

Angela Gordon said...

I am kin to his sister, Kristi Williams Seibers, and when I heard the news I was in shock. It brought back memories of my head on collision I was in a year ago. I will be praying for Brent and his family. Brent is a great guy.