Saturday, February 5, 2011

Last week

As you can imagine this past week as been a very hard one.  It's still so hard to believe that little Korley's battle is over and that she is resting and breathing peacefully in the arms of Jesus.  She has been a true inspiration to all of us and even though she is gone she will never be forgotten.  It reminds us to never take anything for granted and to live everyday like it was your last!

On the evening of Korley's death, we had a very special surprise for Kaylee.  First of all she was chosen to be the "Tipoff kid of the game" at MTSU.  What that means is she presented the game ball to the referees before the game in front of everyone.  She was so excited and could not wait!  What she didn't know is that she was going to get to meet her favorite player, Anne Marie Lanning after the game.  Actually she got to meet the entire team and get their autographs on her shirt!  You would have thought we gave the kid a million dollars!


 








And this is Anne Marie and Kaylee.  I have been told that I have to get an 8x10 of this picture so she can hang it in her room!  So glad she has such a positive role model!  Too bad she is a senior this year!



After we got home and Kaylee came down from cloud 9, as I was putting her in bed she said to me, "Momma this was the best ending to the worse day ever!"  How sweet was that, of course as I walked out of her room tears filled my eyes and was I ever so thankful for two healthy little girls!!

And since I'm journaling all things this week- Kara Brooke came down with the flu!  It was thankfully a mild case but never the less enough to weaken her immune system so that three days later we went back to the Dr. and she now has pneumonia.  She is on two antibiotics and still the Tamaflu and she is doing really good.  She has not had a fever since early this morning.  Actually I went to the high school game tonight and Kris said..."She is definitely over it...she has been wild as a buck!!"  Yeahhhh!!!

Of course Saturday morning brings basketball game for Kaylee.  Last week we won, I don't think I ever got that on here.  This week we lost to the same team as we did last time.  However it was a much better game and my girls did exactly what was asked of them!  That makes me proud!  However we had TERRIBLE officiating, on both sides.  There was so many bad calls on both teams it was not even funny especially since these refs are official TSSAA sanctioned!  And don't think I didn't let the folks in charge know about it!!  So, who really knows what the outcome of the game would have been if we (both teams) would have had better officiating!

Tomorrow is super bowl Sunday!!  I guess I cheer for the Steelers, since they sent autographed items to be auctioned off at Korley's benefit this coming Friday night!  I actually enjoy the commercials  and of course my Mom makes the best food.  I think we are having BBQ, rotel nachos and who knows what else!

1 comment:

Allison said...

How exciting for Kaylee and I love, love her glasses!