Thursday, September 16, 2010

10 years of happiness

Today Kris and I are celebrating 10 years of wedding bliss!  I really can't believe we have been married for 10 years, time does fly when you are having fun!
We actually celebrated this pass Saturday evening.  My Mom came over to keep the girls and we headed out for a date but before we left, I asked my mom to get a picture of us, while I was getting the camera, Kris said, " Well I'll go ahead and give you your gift now."  He hands me a small gift bag with a jewelry store name on the front that I recognized for caring Pandora bracelets, I was thinking alright he got me a  new charm.  As I quickly opened it up to see which one it was.....OH MY GOODNESS......I could NOT believe my eyes!!!  He had bought me a new wedding set.  I have always joked and said that for our 10 year anniversary that I either wanted to go to Hawaii or a new "rock".  Well never in a million years did I think I would get either... but he sure surprised me!











After all the excitement we headed to Green Hills to the Cheesecake Factory.  It was pretty good, we both had a pasta dish and then we both had a piece of cheesecake.  Mine was red velvet and his was oreo cheesecake.  Oh my....talk about YUMMY....it was divine!!!  After dinner, we walked around Green Hills mall and we ended up in the Pandora store, I did get the anniversary charm for my bracelet.  :) 



Today was our actual anniversary and of course we were very busy in our normal routine of life.  We did however have dinner at El Mexico with our two sweet girls.
I am very thankful for our ten years together as there have been a couple of tragic deaths this week of folks that we know.  One was Kaylee's science club advisor and a 5th grade teacher at her school.  She was a wife and mom to two young boys- one was with her in the accident and witnessed the whole thing.  The other was a family friend that was well known in our small community.  He was a husband and father to two children as well.  Would you please pray for these two families?  And let us love like there is no tomorrow and remember that tomorrow is just a gift not a promise!

Oh and here is a picture of us ten years ago.....

No comments: