Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day & sick, sick & more sick

This has been one crazy week for the Adams bunch.  Monday of course was love day and Kara Brooke had to go back to the Dr.  You know she had the flu and then pneumonia last week and she was wheezing and coughing again over the weekend and last Sunday night.  So Valentine's morning she headed back to the Dr. for more xrays, sure enough pneumonia in the other lung!  Good grief....so the Dr. put her on a very high powered antibiotic that Kris had to wait for to come from Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and she got a shot in the clinic.  It is the same drug that they use in IV's when kiddos are in the hospital with pneumonia.





That evening, Kaylee started feeling really bad and was coughing her head off too.  I was thinking she probably just had a sinus infection so I gave her some meds and she went to bed.  Tuesday morning she got up with a fever.  REALLY???  I stayed home with both girls, Kris took Kaylee to the Dr. and guess what......yeap Kaylee had the flu too!  Two very sick little girls at our house to say the least.  I went back to work Wednesday and Kris stayed the rest of the week with them.  I'm so thankful for him and that his business hasn't got started real good for the season just yet.  
Thursday rolled around and now Kris has the flu....I promise I am not telling a story or exaggerating in anyway....wished I was but nope not at all!  Thankfully by Thursday Kaylee had started feeling much better but Kara Brooke wasn't showing much improvement at all.
Thursday night I wasn't happy with KB's improvement at all and I knew something wasn't right so I called the Dr. and she said to try to make it through the night and be at her office first thing Friday morning.  So Friday morning KB and I headed back to Dr.  She sent us back down for more chest xrays, the 3rd set in 10 days and then back up to Dr. B's office.  Thankfully the very expensive drug from Vandy was doing it's job and there was almost no sign of the pneumonia left.  Basically what was going on was KB had a kid version of COPD.  Her airways had swollen and had infection inside of them.  She put her on the breathing machine and gave her a liquid steroid in the clinic.  Her O2 saturation was kind of low but not low enough to go to the hospital.  Dr. B. sent us home on the steroid and the breathing machine.  So far so good.  KB still has a cough but not near as bad and I do still hear wheezing form time to time.  Hopefully, (fingers crossed) we are on the road to recovery.  
Kaylee played basketball Saturday morning...by her choice....and said she felt great.  She had a great game too.  Actually all of the girls did fantastic, so much improvement by these girls in 6 weeks- we won 27-2.  Two more games left and it will be softball season.

Tomorrow is Presidents Day and both kids are going back to school and Kris has to work and I AM OFF!  Yeahhhh.....definitely need me time!  
I am very THANKFUL that everyone is feeling better here and very thankful that it wasn't any worse than what it was.  Even though I thought I was going to pull my hair out at times......


No comments: